Become a Copper Creek Pattern Tester
We are looking for pattern testers with different skill sets, from beginners to experienced, who love to sew, learn new techniques, and share their creations! While we are working with designers who are skilled at pattern creation and are learning more each day, we are humans, not robots, and we make mistakes. It is so easy to leave out small details in a pattern - especially after you’ve read it and tested it yourself a few times! That's where you come in! As a pattern tester you get to help us develop patterns with fewer mistakes and better instructions.
Copper Creek PATTERN TESTING PERKS
In addition to a complimentary copy of the final pattern, testers may receive a listing and cover photo bonus and affiliate program incentives!
Join our fun and supportive community of testers! We can't wait to see what you make!
How do I become a tester?
Apply here! You can apply anytime but must apply before the deadline to join a particular test.
I don't do social media. Is that okay?
Yes! That's fine. We conduct all pattern testing on our Discord server. We will send you a code to join our pattern testing server if we accept your application.
What do I have to do to complete a test?
You complete the pattern, provide feedback as needed, photograph your creation, share your project online, and send your photos to Copper Creek Patterns.
I'm not an experienced sewist. Is that okay?
It's perfect! We also need sewists who maybe haven't made that type of garment before so we know what we didn't explain well!
What if I need to take a break from testing?
You retain your status level until you come back to pattern testing! Please drop us a note of you need to take a break so we don't bug you with too many emails!
There are a few things we require of our pattern testers:
- Computer access to Copper Creek Patterns' Discord server (application acceptance pending) and website, personal email, and familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and word processing documents.
- Ability to print the patterns or to have them printed.
- You love to share your creations on social media, such as Instagram and Facebook.
- The ability to identify and correct grammatical errors.
- The skills to identify and offer suggestions for correction of errors within the sewing pattern, including instructions, patterns pieces, technical details, and clarity.
- Be amazing communicators!
- Pattern testers must finish testing by the given deadline.
- Pattern testers must be able to supply their own materials and supplies needed for completing the project. You may receive discounts or gifts cards with partnered fabric shops. But that is not always possible.
- Pattern testers must submit clear photos of the finished item. Don't worry - they don't have to be professional photos, just not blurry or fuzzy. We love seeing and sharing the photos of your finished projects!
*Rewards may change from time to time as necessary for a variety of reasons. Changes may or may not be published here. We'll do our best to keep you informed.